Staff Hiring Process
The Susquehannock Camps are proud to be a long standing accredited camp with the American Camping Association (ACA). Susquehannock meets the high standards and best practices of the American Camping Industry.
International staff do need to go through organizations like Camp America in order to get the required work permits to work in the USA. Please contact them directly. USA staff, you may apply by filling in our Staff Application
In January the Director contacts staff from the previous year and invite them to be a returning staff member for the next summer. All returning staff must respond by the given deadline if they want to secure their spot for the summer. If you have been away from Camp and are interesting in returning, please contact the Directors directly or e-mail here by March 1st.
New staff are encouraged to make contact if they have any questions about the Susquehannock Camps or the details of employment. Please download, complete and then mail your application form to our camp address on the form. Your application will be acknowledged when it is received. We will also let you know by the end of March if we have a need for your particular skills for the summer you are applying. The next step will be staff interviews. Food Service Staff will also be interviewed by the Food Service Manager. Interviews may be face to face or over the phone, depending on where you are located.
If both parties believe you will be a good fit for our staff team, we will complete the hiring process by going through the following steps:
1. Reference checks – All new staff must provide at least three references on their application form. All three references will be contacted via phone or e-mail.
2. Verification of previous employment – At least one check of previous employment is completed for all new staff.
3. Verification of relevant certifications – All staff with certifications relevant to their position at camp are required to provide a copy of that certification to the Site-Director.
4. Background Clearances – All staff must complete a Background check before employment.
5. Voluntary Disclosure Statement – All staff must complete a Voluntary Disclosure Statement annually.
6. National Sex Offender – All staff are checked using the National Sex Offender Public Registry, on years they do not get background clearances.
7. Health Check – All staff must be cleared by their physician as being able to perform the job requirements at camp. Signed documentation by a licensed physician is required.
8. Assumption of Risk – Staff will be required to sign an Assumption of Risk Form.
9. Work Week – All 18+ staff members are welcome to attend Work Week, but must sign a Work Week Consent Form.
10. W-4 – All staff will be required to complete a W-4 form.
11. Training – Staff must be able to attend and complete staff training at camp if they are to be hired. Many critical topics and procedures are covered during training.
To complete employment paperwork, click here